Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Live From Daryl's House, Volume Two



A second volume of performances from "Live From Daryl's House" has been a long time coming. I don't get many requests, (I do encourage them,) and yet I've gotten plenty for this. So here it is.

The band is essentially the same, with Daryl Hall either sharing the lead vocals with the special guest or taking them alone.

The show is still in production, with a new episode on the 15th of every month.

www.livefromdarylshouse.com





TRACK LIST


If I Don't Have You
(The NRBQ track performed on the tribute to T-Bone episode)

Above The Clouds
(The Paul Weller tune performed with The Bacon Brothers)

Soul Sister
(The Allen Toussaint song performed with Chuck Prophet)

I Live On A Battlefield w/ Nick Lowe

Car Crash w/ Matt Nathanson

Crystal Ship w/ Ray Manzarek & Robby Kreiger

Our Day Will Come
(Ruby & The Romantics by Daryl & the guys.)

Is She Really Going Out With Him
(The Joe Jackson tune performed with the Plain White T's.)

Fire Escape w/ Diane Birch

You're A Big Girl, Now
(The Dylan tune by Daryl. I know this was one Volume One, but I am completely moved by this reading, so here it is again.)

Tears Of A Clown w/ Smokey Robinson

Wait For Me w/ Todd Rundgren

the zip



The whole Todd episode can be found HERE.

Volume One can be found HERE

My interview with Hall & Oates can be found HERE.

10 comments:

cmealha said...

What do you think of LFDH without T-Bone. I don't feel the same energy but not sure if it's because T-Bone's not there or because of the uninspired choices of late.

Sal Nunziato said...

I haven't watched the last two. Train makes me ill. I'll have to take notice on the next episode.

cmealha said...

The one switch I would make on your list would be to substitute "Sunlight" for the Plain White T's entry. It demonstrates what the show does best. Take a a fairly decent song by a mostly unknown group and turn it into something special.

Anything Should Happen said...

Seeing as you don't take requests, have you ever thought of a Todd Rundgren evening?

Sal Nunziato said...

A Todd evening? Explain...

Sal Nunziato said...

Just listened to "Sunlight." You are absolutey right! A beauty.

Atlanta Steve said...

Sal, I LOVE these compilations from "Daryl's House." As in, I could listen to them ANY time you care to put them together. Expertly chosen music, man - thank you.

Sal Nunziato said...

Thanks Atlanta. I'm sure I'll get to a Volume 3 in the near future.

artlazarus said...

Volume 3 would be awesome Sal. Thanks. BTW, whatever happened to Sell Wood?

Sal Nunziato said...

Selling Wood was not selling wood.