Friday, April 26, 2013

"Kicks & Chicks" : THE WEEKEND MIX



I realize this mix has been posted before, but you might have missed it.

Truth be told, I am about to go on vacation, a self-prescribed mental health break. I am only going to be gone for a week and I think my head might need 5 years in the Ozarks to clear up, but you have to start somewhere.

Starting on Monday, Burning Wood will have a guest blogger, long time friend and supporter, Jeff K. (Joan Rivers and Fred Travalena both said no.) Jeff is up for the task, and quite frankly, I am very excited. So please show him some love. Unless of course you hate his posts, then feel free to tear him a new one as you would do me.

And now, a Weekend Mix rerun from 2011.



It goes like this.

I don't remember where I got this from. I know nothing about it. I can't find any real info about it. (I've tried, but maybe not hard enough.) Aside from Julie Driscoll, Lulu and the Shocking Blue, I don't know any of the artists on it. But, it found its way into my hands sometime last year, and boy is it a doozy!


 TRACK LIST

1. Sandy Edmonds - Come See Me (2:28)
2. Nelli Manou - Crazy Girl (2:43)
3. Shirley - Big Boss Man (2:53)
4. Pandora & The Males - Kiddie A Go Go (2:21)
5. Jan Panter - Scratch My Back (2:38)
6. Jeanne Hatfield - My Babe (2:15)
7. Kim And Grim - You Don't Love Me (2:20)
8. Julie Driscoll - Don't Do It No More (2:33)
9. Rings & Things - Strange Things Are Happening (2:27)
10. Karin Kent - Tired, Broke And Busted (2:04)
11. Alice Dona - C'est Pas Prudent (2:27)
12. The Pleasure Seekers - What A Way To Die (2:15)
13. Bonny St. Claire - Tame Me, Tiger (2:51)
14. Val McKenna- I Can't Believe What You Say (2:31)
15. Shelly Y Nueva Generacion - I'm Just A Fool (2:41)
16. Sandy Sarjeant - Can't Stop The Want (2:28)
17. Lulu - Lies (2:27)
18. Kim D - Come On Baby (2:20)
19. Jenny And The Rascals - You Told Me A Lie (2:26)
20. Shocking Blue - Harley Davidson (2:36)



THE ZIP

11 comments:

steve simels said...

The Pleasure Seekers did a cover of "Gonna Have a Good Time" by the Easybeats. I'm pretty sure they were a sort of manufactured band that was on TV a fair amount in the late 60s/early 70s. Kind of clean cut girl next door with huge tracts of land image, if you know what I mean....

steve simels said...

Oops -- I'm thinking of somebody. The Pleasure Seekers were Suzi Quatro's first band, circa 1965.

J. Loslo said...

I went looking for info on Jenny and the Rascals (what a great song!) and found myself here:

http://www.readysteadygirls.eu/#

This site has at least some info on a few of the artists here. Jenny and the Rascals are from The Hague! Of course!

Aaron said...

Perfect summertime tunes! Thanks again Sal.

steve simels said...

Ah the 60s girl group I was thinking of were The Clingers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-4Qb8K9xn0

Sort of like Mormon showgirls....

James A. Gardner said...

What a blast! This mix provided many kix over the weekend, never leaving my car's CD player. Now residing on my MP3 player, too.

"C'est Pas Prudent" ... I may have to add this phrase to our family crest.

And "Tame Me, Tiger"! They need to have Mary Jane sing that to Peter Parker ... although that might necessitate a different kind of Spider-Man movie.

What a blast. Thanks, Sal.

davidwolfsonnc said...

Pandora??? Pandora??? I'm laughing so hard right now . . . visions of afternoon tv in chicagoland watching "kiddie a-go-go." thank you for this.

James A. Gardner (JAG) said...

Kim and Grim!?
If only I can find a singer willing to go by "Kim," I will be appropriating this for my next musical endeavor! The New Kim and Old Grim.

Enjoy your rest, Sal.

A walk in the woods said...

This looks awesome! Thanks Sal - have a ROCKIN' weekend ~

Anonymous said...

Hey!! I live in the Ozarks! Randy

charlie c. said...

ancgrJeff K.!
Our Jeff K.?
Should be cooler than a electron microscope image of an old typewriter . . . .
He's got my support already!
And that is one salubrious cover!