Saturday, April 27, 2013

Songs Of The Week 2.0: 4/20- 4/26

I Love My Label- Wilco
Stuck Inside A Cloud- George Harrison
Who Will The Next Fool Be- Charlie Rich
Trouble In Mind- Preservation Hall Hazz Band w/Richie Havens
The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game- Grace Jones
Lightning Never Strikes Twice- The Move
Someday Man- Paul Williams



Anonymous said...

Thanks Mr Sal for this weeks compilation. I am never sure on Grace Jones is she a serious performer or only going through the motions ?



Sal Nunziato said...

Rhod, with Grace it's all about the band and the arrangements. Sly and Robbie!

Despairing Thyrsis said...

Thank you BW, nice to see Grace on your sotw.

A walk in the woods said...

Thanks for this! I'm getting to see Wilco opening for Dylan in June in Atlanta - haven't seen them live yet. This is them doing the Nick Lowe song, right? I know they had Nick tour with them.

JAG said...

Nice eclectic selections! I've been on a Move kick again lately, since acquiring the box set. Incredible band.
Birds With Broken Wings posted a wealth of Richie Havens' (RIP) music that has me renewing my appreciation for his unique voice and arrangements.
The Charlie Rich song was given a great cover by the Amazing Rhythm Aces, whose stuff I've also been rediscovering lately and is highly recommended.

dogbreath said...

I first had "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" when it was the b-side of "Brontosaurus" on the old Regal Zonophone label & used to play both sides to death on my trusty Dansette. A great b-side! Thanks for the weekly collection.