Friday, September 28, 2012

"Wrecking Ball Tour Highlights" : THE WEEKEND MIX



I saw a couple of shows and I've accumulated a whole lot more. There have been many great moments. Here are two discs worth of my faves, taken from various locations, which also means the audio quality will vary. But I know you'll be able to deal.

Sources include both nights at MSG, 4/6 and 4/9, Fenway Park on 8/15, Philly on 9/3, Newark on 5/12, Paris on 7/5,  three nights at MetLife 9/19, 9/21 and 9/22, and the Izod Center on 4/4.

I've included Vini "Mad Dog" Lopez's guest spot on "E Street Shuffle," Gary US Bonds taking lead on both tunes from his record, the great "summertime set" from Fenway, and what is my very favorite moment from this tour, a truly inspired "Jackson Cage" into "She's The One."

Enjoy my friends. Be patient with the zips. They are big.

Disc One

Hungry Heart
Sherry Darling
Summertime Blues
Girls In Their Summer Clothes
Prove It All Night
Jackson Cage>She's The One
Thundercrack
E Street Shuffle
Jole Blon
This Little Girl
From Small Things (Big Things One Day Come)
Talk To Me

Disc Two

Wrecking Ball
Shackled & Drawn
Candy's Room
In The Midnight Hour
Drive All Night
Rosalita
Thunder Road
Kitty's Back
Born To Run
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

6 comments:

Chris Collins said...

THANK YOU!

This is pretty fantastic

Troy said...

Looks great, Sal. Love the Jackson Cage-into-She's the One. And a really nice sounding Prove It with the 78 intro. When he opened with that at Wrigley Field, I felt like I'd been struck by a lightning bolt. I've been listening to that on the Winterland boot forever, and I'd only waited my whole life to hear it in person. Promise delivered. Have a good weekend.

A walk in the woods said...

Wow! This looks awesome. And I like it that it's your picks from the tour's boots... makes it even better than posting particular show. Looking forward to hearing it. Cheers ~

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Nice collection. I was hoping someone would put together a tour compilation of hi-lites. I really don't want to gather up a lot of whole shows.

David Handelman said...

Sal you're always one step ahead of us. As a lifelong Bruce fan, I can't help but noticing that besides the two good songs from Wrecking ball and Summer Clothes (all songs I like) the next most newest highlights are from The River.

What does this say about the last 32 years ?

iggy said...

Thanks so much, Sal. Love your choices and your kind generosity.

Iggy