Monday, June 2, 2014

Records, Recovery and Raindrop



Saturday's record fair was a huge success. But it is now 36 hours later and I am still hobbling around like a new born calf.

I did meet a nice Australian feller by the name Miles Devine. He was thrilled to see I had an original copy of The Zombies "Odessey & Oracle" which he snapped up immediately. My friend Peter who was helping me out, offered him another record for free since The Zombies was a bit pricey. (Note to self: have a talk with Peter, re: giving away my records.) This gesture made Miles even happier, so in return he gave us a copy of his E.P., Raindrop.

Raindrop is four tracks of psychedelic pop, that occasionally drifts into proggy territory. I'm really digging it. Check out "It Goes Off."





2 comments:

soundsource said...

great cover and cool tune

A walk in the woods said...

Pretty awesome!

BTW, you told us about the new Stanton Moore record ("Conversations") a little while back, and I put it on my list to get. Got it this weekend and have been spinnin' that mother 6-7 times since then. Great jazz-N'Awlins vibe.