Friday, January 30, 2015

"Stoned": THE WEEKEND MIX




I want to thank Jeff and Rick and Alan for manning the fort and doing such a superb job of it all while I was dealing with some stuff.

I usually give a new year until July before I write it off, but January has been a bastard.

I'll be taking it slow, as I'd like to see how things progress over the next week or so.

For now, please enjoy some music, inspired by one of the events from one lousy fucking month. I can laugh about it now...almost.


TRACKLIST

Roll Away the Stone- Mott The Hoople
World Of Pain- Cream
Crying, Waiting, Hoping- Buddy Holly
Stones In My Passway- Eric Clapton
Pissing In A River- Patti Smith
Stoned Out Of My Mind- The Jam
Valley of Pain- Bonnie Raitt
Pass The Peas- James Brown
Small Stones- Michael Chapman
And It Stoned Me- Van Morrison
Rollin' Stone- Johnny Jenkins
Sister Morphine- Rolling Stones
Passing Through- Marshall Crenshaw
All Things Must Pass- George Harrison

zip

15 comments:

William Repsher said...

On the plus side, I'm not seeing "Sheer Heart Attack," "What Becomes of the Broken Hearted" or "Nothing but Heartaches" in your track listing.

dogbreath said...

Ouch! You have my sympathies - even while I'm laughing my socks off (sympathetically, of course) at your indefatigable sense of humour in compiling such a tracklist! Thanks for the music. Hope your weekend is a good one & may all your troubles be small. Cheers!

kevin m said...

Be well Sal.

Ken D said...

Rock, out.
Happy to hear you're on the mend. Looks like a mighty fine mix.

Anonymous said...

I've had three, operated on twice, no fun at all. And the stents are a real pleasure. But, indeed, they pass and it passes...hang in there.

JAYESSEMM said...

Nice mix Sal -- thanks.

Be well.

Anonymous said...

Hello all...no, please remain seated,

Well wishes for all your renal adventures. Pretty funny song set.....

Regards,
RichD

soundsource said...

very funny GOL grin out loud

allen vella said...

I can relate! Ouch!

rick said...

Rocks off! Feel better, please

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you are on the mend as we would dearly miss you wit and knowledge.

Great work


Regards


Rhod

A walk in the woods said...

Sending good thoughts Sal - and thanks for what looks like a rockin' mix!

mauijim said...

Hope you are feeling better. An inspired playlist. Sorry it was so painful to create

jeff said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uap-TJdIHlA

Ccjctwo said...

Nice mix! Sounds like some month . . .