Sunday, May 19, 2019

Songs Of The Week, 2019: 5/11-5/17



Rockin' Behind The Iron Curtain- Bobby Marchan
When These Shoes Were New- Billy Bremner
King's Call- Phil Lynott
What's The World Got In Store- Wilco
Outbreak Of Love- Midnight Oil
Here Come The Girls- Ernie K. Doe
My Home Is Not A House- Jason Falkner

zip


I finished reading Jeff Tweedy's book, and of course, I had been listening to Uncle Tupelo and Wilco on an off during the entire read. The track here is the one that made it to the SOTD.

I recently came across Billy Bremner's solo record "Bash." I always liked it, but I just discovered I really love it.

The other tracks were all random plays from the trusty iPod, over the course of two train rides.

2 comments:

A walk in the woods said...

Sal, your SOTW are a little gift to the world - always interesting, easily digestible, with a focus on just good songs. Thanks man!

dogbreath said...

Thanks for the music. No trains where I am so I'm envying you your train rides -- although I am perhaps rather fancifully imagining these to be comfortable, relaxing journeys through a pleasant pastoral landscape. Cheers!