Friday, May 17, 2019

"The SSB Complete": THE WEEKEND MIX



With a new album set for 6/14, as well as a rumored E Street Band record and tour to follow, there is no better time than now to serve this baby up. I don't recall where or how I acquired all of this, but what we have here is the work of an anonymous overseas philanthropist who found the time to track down every song played on the 2006 "Bruce Springsteen Seeger Sessions Band" and sequence them all into a remarkable 5 disc set. It is not chronological, and from what I can tell, does not follow any specific set list. It was clearly made with love from a number of sources and venues.


ENJOY!

Disc One

Atlantic City
Mary Don't You Weep
Old Dan Tucker
John Henry
Cadillac Ranch
Jesse James
Eyes On The Prize
Further Up (On The Road)
Long Black Veil
Love Of The Common People
My Oklahoma Home
Mrs. McGrath

Disc Two

How Can A Poor Man Stand Such Times
Jacob's Ladder
We Shall Overcome
Open All Night
Pay Me My Money Down
Bring Them Home (full band)
Rag Mama Rag
You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
When The Saints Go Marching In
This Little Light Of Mine
American Land

Disc Three

Blinded By The Light
Johnny 99
My Oklahoma Home (#2)
If I Should Fall Behind
Valerie
Maria's Bed
How Can I Keep From Singing
Long Time Coming
Shenandoah
Devils & Dust
Long Walk Home
Dirty Water
Buffalo Gals

Disc Four

Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street
For You
Adam Raised A Cain
All The Way Home
Erie Canal
Samson & Delilah
The River
Growing Up
Mansion On The Hill
The Ghost Of Tom Joad
The Promised Land
Land Of Hopes & Dreams
My City Of Ruins
Ramrod
Froggie Went A Courtin'

Disc Five

Bring Them Home (Acoustic)
Factory
Highway Patrolman
John Henry #2
Bobby Jean
Jesus Was An Only Son
Youngstown
Into the Fire
Open All Night #2
Turn Turn Turn
Buffalo Gals #2
Fire
Daring Young Men On The Flying Trapeze
Bring Them Home (Studio)

SSB1

SSB2

SSB3

SSB4

SSB5

12 comments:

pmac said...

Thank you, Sir!!!!

bing stills said...

Thanks for these, Sal. You just made my weekend!

JAYESSEMM said...

Thanks Sal.

I've been think about these songs since your earlier post.

I'm always interested (even when I don't "Get It") when artists mine their traditional influences / the great American Songbook / ...

Not just Bruce but Dylan, Willie, Nillson, Brian Wilson, .... These folks have something on their mind that would not have been apparent to me. I guess that's the definition of genius.

Thank you for listening to my TED Talk ... now to dig into these SSBs!


Ken D said...

Do we really need five discs of ....never mind, just kidding!
I promise to listen to all of this, hoping to be converted (and allowed out of solitary).
Good weekend, all.

Anonymous said...

I am much looking forward to this. I'm not the BS fanboy that many at this blog are, but I've liked what I heard off the SSB release, love 'Hello Sunshine', and have tons of BS demos from what I consider his ripe period circa Nebraska/BITUSA; typing this out makes me realize that what I like in BS is his rawer, more rootsy stuff, as most of those demos are not gussied up much. My favorite BS song is 'Shut Out The Light', but then again 'Candy's Room' -- all taught tension and explosive release -- is next on that list. The early albums, and much in the years since his commercial heyday, are too grandiose/self-conscious for my tastes (and of course the grandiosity was pumped up in the commercial heyday period, but somehow it worked for me). So, yes, this will be a treat for me to hear.
C in California

Troy said...

Very much looking forward to this! Thanks, Sal! Have a good weekend.

Troy said...

Is this a Flynn McLean compilation? If so, I may already have this in a box in the basement. He painstakingly and meticulously curated compilations from many of the tours (ESB, solo, SSB) into multi-disc sets that had a 'flow' or theme to them and played like a continuous concert. They were like full boxed sets from each tour. If that is what this is, it is no doubt very well done.

Mr. Baez said...

Great way to spend the weekend. Thank you very much for passing this along, Sal!

A walk in the woods said...

This looks boss!! Thanks Sal

Anonymous said...

Thanks, great shows, great band.

kodak ghost said...

Bloody hell... what a find! Many thanks.

M_Sharp said...

Thank you very much!