Friday, July 3, 2020

"L": The Weekend Mix


(One of my best letters yet...if I do say so myself.)

TRACKLIST
Love Is The Drug- Roxy Music
Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart- The Supremes
London's A Lonely Town- Dave Edmunds
Last Night- The Detroit Cobras
Leaving Here- The High Numbers
Let's Make A Den- XTC
Low Expectations- The Rails
Lady Friend- The Posies
Love Song With Flute- Caravan
Life On Mars- Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross
Last Night I Had A Dream (Promo Single Mix)- Randy Newman
Loaded Gun- C.C. Adcock
Lady Madonna- Allen Toussaint
Leave My Kitten Alone- The Beatles
Limp- Fiona Apple
Long Time Woman- Pam Grier
Let It Rock- Bob Seger
Lilywhite Lilith- Genesis
Life Gets Better- Graham Parker
Love Goddess Of Venus- The Ventures
Lovely- Maurice Brown
La Villa Strangiato- Rush

zip


7 comments:

Rob said...

What the L?

What I love about these mixes, Sal, is that while there are are a few tracks I'll be familiar with there are always going to be those that are new to me, and its an odds on certainty they'll be worth listening to. Thank you for your continued efforts. I don't say much but I drop in every day and I'm most appreciative.

Anonymous said...

A Lovely Lavish Labor of Love!

Thanks!!

Randy

hpunch said...

Only on Burning Wood will you find a collection with Dave Edmunds, Rush and Allen Toussaint. That's why it's my favorite blog.

FD13NYC said...

Almost at the half way mark, and all great so far. YOU are great for doing this project. Thanks a lot Sal!

Mark B. said...

You, sir, have amazing taste. Just came across this blog and am seriously considering downloading as much of the alphabet as you have posted. I mean, the Rails? Pursuit of Happiness? Roy Wood? Pam freakin' Grier?!? This is late-night-DJ mad genius stuff. Thank you and bless you for these great mixes!

dogbreath said...

That's one L of a list (I know - it's the best I could come up with). Great start with the Roxy Music car revving up and then finishing with that sublime Rush track. And the stuff sandwiched in between was pretty ok too! Thanks for the time and effort. Cheers!

cmealha said...

The two big gets for me were The Ventures and Graham Parker. Never heard either and loved them both.