Monday, September 28, 2020

The 1957 Tail-Fin Fiasco

 

 

 

So, you think you've got your Saturday night all mapped out. Dinner's over, one last cocktail for the couch, and a movie just one remote push away. Then your phone beeps and it's a friend asking you to listen to some new music. 

Oh no.

This will end badly, yes? 

No. Not when you've been asked to listen to The 1957 Tail-Fin Fiasco.

This music is the work of two session guys from Essex, formed in 2013 and currently residing on Bandcamp and Sound Cloud.

This music is a number of things and I am reluctant to start making comparisons, because of course, your mileage may vary, and so will your ears. But, to get you started I will offer the following:

I hear Steely Dan, first three albums

I hear Todd Rundgren chord changes.

I hear a bit of Mike Viola in the tone of voice. 

These guys are smart. They fish with the right hooks and bring back tunes and arrangements that are both retro and still completely original.

Give these tracks a spin and then head on over to Bandcamp for more. 

There's something for everyone in the songs of The 1957 Tail-Fin Fiasco and you are bound to have some fun digging in.






10 comments:

jeff said...

wow, seriously love this.

jeff said...

and I hear a little Prefab Sprout too

Dr Wu said...

An amazing share, Sal. I’m certain that without BW, It’s highly unlikely that I ever hear of this band. Diggin’ everything I’ve heard so far. Thank you, Sal! Be well everyone

DeepKarma said...

Sal with another hidden gem of a band.

Marcelo Romero said...

"They fish with the right hooks".. That's good! I'm going to start using that��

Anonymous said...

I've been listening to these guys for several years now - pretty obscure band. The S.Dan sound is what grabbed my attention initially but there is so much more. The List Song has always been my fave of theirs.

"They fish with the right hooks" Goddamn, Sal, ya gotta write a book! Pleeze!!

Randy

FD13NYC said...

Excellent! Your description is right on, early Steely Dan, Todd, I like this a lot. Something different for the ears. Thanks for posting it.

heartsofstone said...

Great find - thanks so much

dogbreath said...

Love the name of the band.....and the music's not at all bad. Thanks for the pointer. Cheers!

allen vella said...

Hell yes, I can dig on this...looking to hear more. Thanks for the intel, good stuff!!