Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Squeeze: Before & After

 

 

 

 

 

 

I received a text last night from hpunch, asking me if I remembered the series of demo CDs released by Glenn Tilbrook about 10-15 years ago. I did, but only that they existed. I have had them in my library for years, but can't say I have listened to any of them since they were released.

He went on to say how he was mildly obsessed with how great the demos were, and in particular, the early version of "Cold Shoulder," a killer deep cut found on Squeeze's "Some Fantastic Place." 

I had an assignment.

"Cold Shoulder" has always been a favorite, but after doing a back to back, I think I might just be as mildly obsessed with the demo as hpunch.

Listen to both and see how you feel.

 


2 comments:

Troy said...

That is exceptional. I wasn't aware of the demos, so this was a nice treat. Love the Some Fantastic Place album, one of my favorites. Thanks for the share.

hpunch said...

I love that pre-chorus part, and the distinctly different feel..