Friday, July 26, 2019

"Earle Of Ole": THE WEEKEND MIX


I guess I'm still reeling from Tuesday's Steve Earle show. I decided to put together a mix of favorites for both the uninitiated and the long time fan. Not much else to say, except, if you think you're not a fan, give this a spin. It might change your mind.





TRACKLIST

Someday
Snake Oil
Heartbroke
Hard Core Troubadour
Pocket Full Of Rain
Even When I'm Blue
A Girl Like That
The Randall Knife
After Mardi Gras
I Still Carry You Around
Desperados Waiting For A Train
More Than I Can Do
John Walker's Blues
That's All I Got
If You Fall
Fixin' To Die
Down Here Below
You're Still Standing There
Ellis Unit One
Goodbye

ZIP

11 comments:

M_Sharp said...

Good mix, and there are still a ton of great songs left for the non-fans to check out.

pmac said...

Thank you, kind sir!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sal!

Haven't heard a whole lot of Earle but really like what I have heard.

Randy

P.S. Don't know if you're into Lloyd Cole but I just got his new one - awash in electronica, check it out.

JAYESSEMM said...

I remember the day I bought Guitar Town and I've been following him down that Copperhead Road ever since.

Great mix Sal!

buzzbabyjesus said...

It might be hard to believe, but I don't think I've ever heard Steve Earle. Thanks!

Chris Collins said...

thanks for this!

Anonymous said...

shys away from most of the rockers, which by themselves would be a pretty good set

Anonymous said...

My only quibble is that "NYC" didn't make the cut. Always a SE and I get a kick out of Lydia Loveless' "Steve Earle" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDq1_rnJVE4

FD13NYC said...

Thanks Sal! I've been a long time fan and have most songs. But I'm saving this great mix to listen to altogether.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite SE cuts is an mp3 I downloaded in the old Napster days. It's a boot live recording of he and Emmylou doing one of his most poignant songs, "Goodbye". When Emmylou says the line "Like the soft breeze blowin' up from the Caribbean" the file distorts and somehow, this audible glitch adds to the overpowering sense of regret in the song. But then, I've loved SE since Guitar Town and stayed along for the ride, like JAYESSEMM, so it'd be hard for me to name something by him I don't like.
C in California

Jobe said...

One of America's best musicians. Truly in a class of only a handful.