Monday, August 19, 2019

Heart Explodes



Hot off the presses, the second single "Heart Explodes" from "Easter Is Cancelled," the soon to be released, new full length from The Darkness.

What can I say about this band that I haven't already said? I am either preaching to the choir or wasting my breath. If you are fan of 70's hard rock and glam, if you have ever loved Queen, Led Zeppelin or AC/DC, if you enjoy smart, tongue in cheek lyrics and arrangements, then you might already be on board with this band. But if all of that simply isn't your thing, then I guess it doesn't matter how much I gush. You can gush all you want about Beck and Dawes and they will still leave me cold, so I get it.

That being said, I think this track would have been a monster hit in 1979. Sadly, it will probably come and go like everything else with any substance, chops and charm.

As my friend, the amazing singer/songwriter Chris Church has said about The Darkness: "a treasure, all rock fans should embrace this glorious band while we've got'em."


5 comments:

Shriner said...

Can. Not. Wait.

To get two Darkness albums in such a short time-frame is a gift that should be treasured, indeed!

A walk in the woods said...

Yeah!

Anonymous said...

Good 70's rock and roll, not more, not less.

A lot better than Patto though.

(Sorry, I could resist!) To quote "Bugs Bunny": "I'm such a stinker!".

Captain Al

Sal Nunziato said...

"Good 70's rock and roll, not more, not less."

I beg to differ. If you're talking about just this track, okay. I love it, but if it's not for you, it's not for you. If you're dismissing the band and their work as "good 70's rock and roll, not more, not less," you haven't paid attention. It's like saying all reggae sounds the same, or all blues is the same.

dogbreath said...

I've said it before & I'll say it again: these boys are definitely the dog's bollocks. Thanks for posting what I didn't even know was out & about yet. Cheers!