Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Three For Tuesday



The David Bowie camp continues to raid the vaults, this time it is for an upcoming digital E.P., "Is It Any Wonder" and a Record Store Day release "ChangesNowBowie." They have been teasing one stream and video at a time for a few weeks now, and the third in the series is by far, my favorite. It is an updated version of the "Station To Station" classic, "Stay." Recorded in 1997 with the "Earthling" band, "Stay" has been given an "Earthling" feel, as were other songs in Bowie's oeuvre for that tour, so that the live set would sound unform. Check it out. This was new to my ears and I think it is filthy good.






Also out last week is a new track from Neal Francis. I don't know much about Francis, but this track was sent to me by a friend, with a note that said, "Check it out. He's from NOLA." As it turns out, he is from Chicago, but from the badass groove of the song, he could have easily been from the Crescent City.  I think this is funky good.




Searching for a video of the recent SOTD, EC & The Roots covering Squeeze, I found this.

Why didn't I get the memo?

3 comments:

Jim G said...

Oh yeah, that Neal Francis track screams Meters in the best possible way. Going to check him out.

Bill said...

Hadn't seen that live version of I Want You before--thanks for posting. I wonder if there's anything else from that session?

dogbreath said...

Loving the harder edge to the old Bowie track. Much thanks for the share. Cheers!