Monday, March 30, 2020

Forenzics



Original Split Enz members Tim Finn, Eddie Rayner and Noel Crombie, along with Roxy Music guitarist and original Split Enz producer Phil Manzanera started hanging around together after a 40 year layoff. During their catch-up, they managed to form a band and record an album. The band is Forenzics and the first single "Walking" is out now, though as far as I can tell, it is only viewable on Eddie Rayner's Facebook page. I see nothing on YouTube. But I like the song a lot and so I wanted to share the news. If you are a fan of Finn or Phil or the Enz, click on this link and give the song a spin.

h/t hpunch


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my browser wouldn't let me open the link, but I assume it will make it to youtube at some point. lots of serendipity for me - a newsletter I get referenced Split Enz's "Six Months in a Leaky Boat" as a metaphor for the current situation, and I just watched a nice Jack Bruce tribute concert on Prime that has a lot of Manzanera (and Vernon Reid) on lead.

hpunch said...

I love it. Can't wait to hear the whole album, Great news during a far-from-great time.

hpunch said...

Jack Bruce Tribute Concert on Prime with Manzanera?
I know what I'll be self-isoalting with today. Thanks anonymous.