Tuesday, June 21, 2022

The Cause Be Stills & Nash

 

 

 

There was a virtual tribute to the Everly Brothers this past Sunday which ran on the official EB site, as well as YouTube and maybe Facebook. I knew nothing about this until I received an email from a friend with a link to the fantastic clip above. As it turns out, the entire 90 minute event is now up on YouTube for public consumption. It is hit and miss, like every tribute, but what hits is pretty darn great.

Paul Simon & Edie Brickell, Susanna Hoffs & Dan Wilson, Albert Lee, Chris Isaak & Nicole Atkins, as well Lady Blackbird, Jakob Dylan and Lukas Nelson all contribute. The surprise hit was Bob Weir & Chris Robinson covering "Wake Up Little Susie" which was not only not a shambles, but one of the best performances of the lot. But I think Chris Stills & Graham Nash take the cake.


(h/t hpunch)



10 comments:

Allan Rosenberg said...

Wow, that was terrific! What a wonderful way to start today!

Thanks Sal

Doctored Captain Al

Anonymous said...

Man, this looks great - can't wait to watch it.

Many thanks!!

Randy

JAYESSEMM said...

Like you I bumped into this great version of So Sad yesterday. Now the Everlys are in heavy play here at Casa COVID. Definitely will check out the tribute.

Jeff in Denton, TX said...

Gonna have to give this a listen after work. Thanks for the heads up, Sal!

Mr. Baez said...

That was beautiful. Thanks Sal for turning me on to it.

Shriner said...

I just watched the whole thing -- it was a lot of fun all the way through.

Anonymous said...

There were way more hits than misses on that, and my fave was Matt Sweeney's haunting Wonder If I Care.
C in California

Anonymous said...

thanks for the heads up i enjoyed it. dave edmunds and nick lowe do killer everly brother covers check out crying in the rain, let it be me and poor pitiful me.

heartsofstone said...

I missed this completely - what a great watch. Thanks

Michael Giltz said...

They were in different locations and managed to duet that nicely together? I would have thought the delay would make that nigh on impossible. Nice!