Friday, July 15, 2022

"10x20, #3": THE WEEKEND MIX

 


 

Well, it's time for the July edition of "10x20," the wildly popular cover series that has received comments and accolades by the tens!

You know the drill, and even if this is your first time here, it's self-explanatory.

Enjoy!

TRACKLIST
Let's Dance- David Bowie/The Futureheads
Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat- Bob Dylan/Raphael Saadiq
The Heart Of Saturday Night- Tom Waits/Dion
Hole In Your Soul- Joe South/The Black Crowes
Misfire- Queen/Neko Case
God's Children- The Kinks/Daniel Romano
I'm Looking Through You- The Beatles/Steve Earle
What's Now Is Now- Frank Sinatra/Cake
Humble Daisy- XTC/The Four Bags
Love My Way- The Psychedelic Furs/The Polyphonic Spree

zip

7 comments:

A Walk In The Woods said...

All looks great - can't wait to hear The Polyphonic Spree cover the Furs!

Anonymous said...

I've got the Neko album with Misfire - had no idea it was a Queen song. She certainly put her own spin to it!

Randy

sloan wolf said...

What a list, Sal. Exquisite curation as always. And Daniel Romano made it (!) from his terrific live LP "Fully Plugged In". This is the second live release (that I know of) from his touring group, the Outfit. I have to confess that I slightly prefer "Okay Wow" - but that album is also my favorite release of about the last decade. This song, and the album as a whole is excellent. I saw them play in Asheville about six weeks ago and it was absolutely fantastic. Highly recommended. But I digress...

Another excellent collection. Thanks, Sal!

hpunch said...

Daneil Romano sounds like the early Who covering mid-period Kinks.
Excellent version....

wool said...

I am one of the tens

Jeff in Denton TX said...

Always loved that Dion cover. I also like his cover of "(San Diego) Serenade" off the Yo Frankie! album.

dogbreath said...

Interesting concept but I'm still doggedly sticking to the originals - where known anyway. My friend the Sinatra buff sadly has left this mortal coil (I'm Gonna Live Till I Die he may have said) so I can't tease him with the cover by Cake. Enjoyable stuff. Cheers!