Monday, July 25, 2022

It's "High Time"

 


You might not even give a rat's testicle about the MC5. But if you are a fan, then I'd like to offer this to start the week.

"High Time" is the shit!

Not "Kick Out The Jams."

Not "Back In The USA."

"High Time."

It's the band's secret weapon.

"Kick Out The Jams" is unabashed madness.

"Back In The USA" has the commercial appeal.

But "High Time" is the beast!

It's all original material. There are no gimmicks.

It's a big and nasty "suck it" to classic rock; a red carpet for the punks that took six years to get their shit together.

The horn arrangement by Charles Moore on "Skunk" is genius, like Lalo Schifrin producing The Stooges.

"High Time," damnit!

That is all. 

Go Monday!




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sal, you are so right!

I was lucky enough to see them in the pouring rain at SUNY New Paltz in May '72. They were great.

Doctored Captain Al

Jobe said...

Could not have said it better myself

Anonymous said...

Couldn’t agree more..

FD13NYC said...

Remember when I loaned Wayne Kramer my amp for a gig at CB's and he blew a speaker? Must've turned it up to 12.

Sal Nunziato said...

@FD13NYC
Yes! Was that before or after I flung a drumstick through your Twin Reverb?

(I blame Carl.)

:)

buzzbabyjesus said...

Damn! That is killer shit. It's like "Funhouse" except the songs go somewhere.

Christine said...

I think "Skunk" may be my new favorite song!

FD13NYC said...

Lol!! I think it was before 😁

Whattawino said...

I can’t sit down! Baby won’t ya turn it up!