Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Now Playing: Movie Movie

 

 

 

I've written about a band called The Electric Mess a number of times. The Mess are a five piece band from NYC taking garage rock to new levels of musicianship. Mess bass player Derek Davidson has just released a new project, Movie Movie, featuring Andrea Sicco from Twin Guns on lead vocals.

The new E.P. "Now Playing," was written entirely by Davidson, and I love every track. From the jangly power pop of "Bright Lights," with its inadvertent nod to Lou Reed's "Satellite Of Love" on the fade, to the glammy swagger of "Love Has Come And Gone," with a tasty Phil Manzanera inspired guitar solo from Sicco, "Now Playing" is solid release, that feels miles ahead of the psychedelic retro garage of Davidson's material with The Electric Mess.

You can hear the entire E.P. over at Bandcamp, but if you dig the tracks, show the band some love and purchase the E.P. for a fin.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads-up! They remind me a bit of Even (Australian band), and that is a good thing.

- Paul in DK

YankeeBoy said...

Thanks for posting this. Definitely worth the 5 bucks I paid. It always gets me when I hear some of my fellow baby-boomer generation music fans complain that there is no good music being made anymore. There is so much out there if you're just willing to seek it out.

hpunch said...

I'm really loving this...

Whattawino said...

This shit is ROCKIN’!…Thanks for steering me to my next purchase!