Friday, December 9, 2022

Feelin' Christmas-y, #s 2 & 3



Fresh off the yule log, here are two brand new original tracks just in time for Christmas.

First up, we have Movie Movie who I wrote about in July. Their debut E.P. "Now Playing" is excellent and so is this holiday rocker.

Next up we have a lovely new Christmas track from none other than John Dunbar.  His 2021 holiday entry "No One To Buy Gifts For Anymore" was a winner and he doesn't disappoint in 2022.

You know, I really don't mind Christmas music at all.


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loooove that Movie-squared cut, and am a sucker for old home movie clips used to evoke nostalgia.
I guess I'm also the rare bird that loves Xmas music, tho it's not for nostalgic reasons; I love the grandeur, the melancholy, and the wistfulness of songs like Silent Night, Carol of the Bells and Little Drummer Boy. Same thing with a lot of religious/gospel music and sacred architecture, even tho I veer between hostility and indifference to religion -- something about people reaching for something greater and putting the work in to get a taste of it.
C in California

hpunch said...

Love the Movie Movie tune. I don't know about that other one