Friday, March 1, 2024

New St. Vincent

 


Before BBJ posted a St. Vincent mix a few years back, I hadn't paid much attention to Annie Clark at all. That mix turned me into a true fan. I listen to "Marry Me," and "Masseduction" and especially "St.Vincent" quite often. I was disappointed with her last, "Daddy's Home," but I blame Jack Antonoff. Maybe Clark did too, because he's out and her upcoming release "All Born Screaming" was self-produced.

This first single slays me. As one YouTube commenter said, "St. Vincent in her Nine Inch Nails era is exactly what the world needed." Yeah man! I hope he's on to something. If "Broken Man" is a sign of things to come, I for one can't wait for April.

7 comments:

vincentsear said...

the Antonoff fad is wrecking a lot of records.

Cmealha said...

Totally agree. This new track is a killer!

cmealha said...

Antonio's works for Swift and Del Ray but part of St Vincent's allure is the off-kilter production of the records previous to the last one. It was just a bad match because the production was too tame.

buzzbabyjesus said...

"Daddy's Home" was the first new St Vincent album to come out after she found me and I made that Weekend Mix.
I liked the idea of her making a '70's sexploitation album, but boy was I disappointed.
I listened to it twice, all the while hoping it wasn't the beginning of the end of my interest in her as an artist. I too blame Jack Antonoff.
Not one song would have made it to a Weekend Mix.

This new song however, would. My hope is restored. It's a banger.

Chris Collins said...

Oh wow! I like this a lot!!!

ThroatWarblerMangrove said...

You know I'm a big fan of Annie Clark. Enjoyed her set with Roxy Music at MSG (missed you being there..). The new single is great! Looking forward to the whole album. Enjoy New Orleans!!

Christine said...

Consider me slayed as well! LOVE IT!