Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Once More For Delbert




Before I get to the last posts of 2009, I wanted to say a few more words about Delbert McClinton's fine 2009 release "Acquired Taste." I wrote a bit about it back in October, but since then, I've really become attached to this record. I am actually feeling guilty for leaving it off my year-end list of favorite records. If you go back to the old post, you can read what I said, and listen to two tracks. If you're lazy, just stay here and listen to two more, the heartbreaker "Never Saw It Coming" and what became my fave on the record, "When She Cries At Night." Delbert does power pop, for Pete's sake!

Buy this record.

NEVER SAW IT COMING


WHEN SHE CRIES AT NIGHT

4 comments:

steve simels said...

The guy who recorded those songs is how old again? Words fail me.

Jeebus, those are great, and you're right about the powerpop.

FD13NYC said...

There's a good song by a group called Restless Heart called When She Cries. Check it out. Sounds a little similar, maybe.

Sal Nunziato said...

There are definitely similarities. I like Delbert's better.

FD13NYC said...

Actually, The Restless Heart sounds more like Don Henley. I like the Delbert better too.