Wednesday, August 10, 2022

This Week In Forgotten Andy Partridge Co-Writes

 


My buddy rang yesterday and we had a brief discussion about Stephen Duffy. He had heard a song by Duffy that triggered some memories, and that triggered some of my own, including one of an old friend who could not help herself when "Kiss Me" by Duffy's Tin Tin came on the radio. She once stopped making drinks at her bartending job and began dancing on the bar when the song played on the sound system. 

Good memory, that.

But I also recalled Duffy having some connection to Andy Partridge. A few key strokes later and I found what I had been thinking about.

In 1996, Duffy released an album called "I Love My Friends," but very soon after its release, the label had two songs dropped to make room for two Andy Partridge co-writes, "You Are" and "What If I Fell In Love With You,' both produced by Andy, as well.

In 2019, "I Love My Friends" was reissued with its original track list, and the two Partridge tracks were included as a bonus single.

Here they are.

And that concludes "This Week In Forgotten Andy Partridge Co-Writes."




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang! 'You Are' sounds so much like the Go-Betweens circa '16 Lovers Lane' that I'd'a mistaken it for a bonus cut. That's a good thing.
C in California

Whattawino said...

Diggin’ the Duffy! Thanks for featuring him on TWIFAPC.

Anonymous said...

the only place I have seen the words Stephen Tin Tin Duffy was inside the pages of Melody Maker circa 1985

cmealha said...

Awesome!

Stephen said...

Well I dug out the album and had a listen......a great album

Cheers
Stephen