Friday, May 21, 2021

Slacker Friday

I took in about 100 LPs and about 600 45s yesterday. There were some really nice pieces in the long players. The 45s are hit and miss, but it's always worth the dig when you come across that one gem that makes it all worth it. 

 


Needless to say, it's been all-consuming in the best possible way. There's a lot of digging and cleaning left, but for those who do buy vinyl, keep an eye on my Discogs link, where it says RECORDS FOR SALE on the right, as the new stuff has started to already appear, with more being added over the weekend.

 

I will leave you with a true gem. This find is much better than the Buddy Hackett.

 


 


7 comments:

Sir Otter said...

Yep. Much, much better. :D Thanks for that.

Anonymous said...

How much for the Buddy Hackett '45? I didn't see it in your sale stash.

I'm serious, I love that kind of stuff.

Randy

P.S. You need to hear Edgar Buchanan's (Uncle Joe on Petticoat Junction)take on Phantom 309. True bliss!!

JAYESSEMM said...

Wonderful from The Orlons.

The only other song (also great) of theirs I know is "Everything" from a BW Off The Shelves post. Nice!

cmealha said...

Truly phenomenal song.

M_Sharp said...

Great song! I'll bet The Geator With The Heater played that at his dances.

Michael Giltz said...

Great track!

Anonymous said...

Love the Orlons song.

Your Buddy Hackett 45 reminded me of the Morey Amsterdam we somehow had in the family record collection--Uncle Morey's Mixed Up Stories for Smart Kids. Listened to that one a lot growing up, but somehow it disappeared from my collection somewhere along the line. My dad was a comedy fan, so we had a lot of them: Bob Newhart, Bill Cosby, etc. The kind of stuff any smart professional had in the 60s.

Bill