Tuesday, September 28, 2021

It's Not Only Rock & Roll

 

 

 

 

Normally around this time, I'd be writing my snarky, anti-Rolling Stones tour comments, complaining about Mick's voice,  ticket costs and tired set lists. But these clips have really hit a nerve. You can hear Charlie's loss in Mick's voice as he addresses the crowd. And then Keith takes his hand. Jeez! I don't know how you feel, but this feels about as real to me as anything Mick and Keith have done in about 40 years. Even "A Bigger Bang" sounded good to me last night. (I don't know how real that is, but I'll take it.)

 






8 comments:

A Walk In The Woods said...

Awww.... very cool. Yes, Keith grabbing his hand makes it. Shit! Should I have gotten a ticket for the Atlanta show?? Now I wonder.

Mainly I wish the show I had a ticket for at N'Awlins Jazz Fest in 2019 could have happened. (That's the one cancelled due to Mick's health problems at the time)

Chris Collins said...

Yeah. this felt like real emotion from real human beings. Something I haven't felt from them in a while.

heartsofstone said...

Real emotion from Mick and vulnerability from Keith. Indeed touching.

daudder said...

meh...thought it was a nice touch, but the Stones, Mick and Keith particularly, more often than not display a coldness and selfishness, and then just move on. Brian Jones, Altamont, Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman...nothing stops The Rolling Stones, Inc.

hpunch said...

It certainly looked heartfelt. Ronnie looked like he was ready to catch them if they fell. Keith looked choked up.

FD13NYC said...

I felt it too!

cmealha said...

Mick Jagger is on Howard Stern tomorrow. Howard seems to ask any musician that comes on about the bad-mouthing that Keith gave to Mick. Should be interesting as well as his take on Charlie in an extended one-to-one situation.

roryg said...

I was at the show and there were several times the tears welled up. When Keith was singing "Slipping Away" and his eyes were glistening with tears, it was hard not to do the same and the walk off when they waved at a huge picture of Charlie caught us all up in the moment. Kept most of us in our thoughts on the way out into the night.