Friday, October 8, 2021

"The Great Dane" : THE WEEKEND MIX


 

 

As promised, here is an hour's worth of personal favorites from The Great Dane, Tim Christensen.

This includes songs from his solo records, records with The Damn Crystals, a couple from his heavier rock band Dizzy Mizz Lizzy and a few one-off covers. 

I hope ya dig it as much as I do.

As cmealha said in yesterday's comments, Tim Christensen is "the best thing to come out of Denmark since Legos."

 

 

TRACKLIST
All Them Losers-TC & TDC
Isolation Here I Come- TC
Superior- TC
Distant Sun- TC & TDC
Forward In Reverse- DML
Time Is The Space Between- TC
Million Miles Away- TC & TDC
Something So Familiar- DML
Shot In The Dark- TC
Hard To Make You Mine- TC
Right Next To The Right One- TC
Love Rears Its Ugly Head- TC
Surfing the Surface- TC
Love Is A Matter Of...- TC
Mandocello- TC & TDC
How Far You Go- TC

zip

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was only familiar with Dizzy Miss Lizzy. The first track sounds like a Crowded House/ Thin Lizzy hybrid, and there's definitely a Neil Finn influence in several other tunes (beside the CH cover). I'll have to keep an eye out for him touring here in my adopted hometown.

- Paul in DK

cmealha said...

Great selection. Can't imagine anyone passing on this great stuff and it's only the tip of the iceberg.

Tumblingdice70 said...

Sal, Tim Christensen's music has been a mainstay for me ever since you first posted about the Ram tribute show. The only thing I request is more, he doesn't have a weak spot on his resume. What a talent!

Bryan

thanksloads said...

thanks Sal

Anonymous said...

Danke!

JAYESSEMM said...

Great!

Music and an artist I should know better. And now I will!

Thanks so much Sal

A Walk In The Woods said...

That first song in particular, "All Them Losers," just kills. You can tell from the first notes he is excellent.

Michael Giltz said...

Tumblingdice70 said it best. I've been a fan since that live RAM tribute album and only explored some of his other albums but all excellent so far. Thx!